If you are an attorney looking for options to receive fees over time on a tax-deferred basis, Strategic Settlements can help you achieve that goal. Structured attorney fees work much like a claimants’ structured settlement and can be paid in installments either monthly, quarterly, yearly, or in lump sums. Among the numerous benefits that structured attorney fees provide is the ability to customize them for the individual financial needs of the attorney. This can be helpful in meeting the differing business objectives from firm to firm.
Advantages of deferring attorney fees
There are many reasons why you might want to defer attorney fees. A few of the most popular reasons why are as follows.
- Avoid or offset income tax liability at both the state and federal level.
- Opportunity may arise to reduce your federal income tax bracket or marginal tax rate.
- Structured attorney fees provide a guaranteed rate of return and preserve wealth. This translates to more stable income for the future.
- Deferring attorney fees can provide benefits closely related to traditional IRAs, but without the contribution limits associated with them.
- Keeping a more stable cash flow for the firm
- and more …
To learn more about our structured attorney fee strategies call or contact us for a free consultation.